Friday, September 17, 2021

 


Humphrey Bogart - The Caine Mutiny (1954)
The Strawberries Scene - First Take


"We're going to get to the bottom of this. Got this bucket. Some sand. Let's see. Maryk, you said you had four servings of strawberries. Keefer had sixteen. Keith had thirty-two servings. Harding had eighty-eight. Painter had eighty-nine. Comedy and Jorgensen each had ninety-nine. The steward's mates had three. And I had two thousand six. Okay, steward... dole that out. [Some time later.] Good, steward. Now check out this bucket. About a quart of sand left. Mr. Maryk, you're in charge. I want a full investigation. If you'll now excuse me, I gotta go hit the head. I think I'm going to be in there a while. I don't want to be disturbed. Any more than I already am, I mean, heh-heh."



No comments:

Post a Comment